Secondary Level Bilingual Program
- Community Service
- Travel to Spanish-speaking countries
- Declamation Contest
- Multilingual Marvels
- Spanish Club
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of continuing with the program through high school?
- Earn college credit and save money while in high school! Students who score a 3 or higher on both AP Spanish Language and AP Spanish Literature Exams will receive 16 credits at UAA and save over $2000!
- Increase your job opportunities and salary potential! Years of Spanish study will greatly enhance your resume for any career. There is an increasing demand for bilingual employees.
- Develop your critical and creative thinking skills! Learning in two languages helps you do well in all your classes.
How does the program work at the high school level?
Students will take an advanced Spanish elective class each year.
- 9th Grade: Vistas Juveniles del Mundo Hispano
- 10th Grade: Perspectivas Literarias
- 11th Grade: AP Spanish Languages
- 12th Grade: Estudios Latinoamericanos
What is the ASD Language Immersion Completion Cord?
Students who complete the immersion program in their senior year earn the ASD “Language Immersion Completion Cord” to wear at the Chugiak High School graduation ceremony.