Your Daily Bulletin
- Emergency Trauma Technician (ETT) class will begin today. Class will meet daily Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday @ 2:00-5:00. Dates are Jan. 16 until March 7. Certifications include CPR and State of Alaska Emergency Trauma Technician. Please see Ms. Ziemba in Rm 21 for more information.
- Has anyone at Chugiak HS every played a string instrument before? The Pops/Fiddlin group gathers together on Tuesdays to play known tunes and a bit of fiddling also…bring your violin, viola, cello or bass or we are happy to lend one to you for use. We meet Tuesdays at lunch time in the orchestra room..bring your lunch and munch while playing! This is a fun easy music reading group who will go out and perform one time a month for fun. You dont have to go out and perform if you prefer not to but come and have fun playing your instrument! We are done at 11:00am on Tuesdays.
- Attention Sophomores and Juniors! King Tech High will be opening in 2018-2019. Informational Nights are happening all semester. If you are interested in attending Anchorage’s first Technical High School, register online at the King Career Center website. The first Information Night is tonight at 6:00 pm at KCC.
- You are invited to a suicide prevention training event hosted on tomorrow from 6pm-7:30pm at Joy Lutheran Church in Eagle River. This training is free and open to the community. The focus will be to recognize the warning signs of suicide, know how to offer hope, and know how to get help.
- If you have a band to sign up for Battle of the Bands, you must see Mrs. LaRue in the Library by Friday, January 19.
- Attention student body. Remember the date and mark your calendars! Friday January 26 from 8pm till 11pm is Chugiak High’s first Saydie Hawkins in 4 years. Girls ask guys to our semi-formal dance! There will be plenty of sweets available. Tickets will be $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Come support the sophomores big fundraiser for prom 2019. See you there.
- Sign up in the Library for the January Chess Tournament! See Mrs. LaRue.
- Need .5 elective credit? ASD iSchool and King Tech High are excited to launch a new series of Career Technical Education classes. These courses are geared towards 9th through 11th graders who are interested in exploring potential careers paths and are structured in the same format as all of our other ASD iSchool online courses. Classes offerings are listed on the ASDiSchool website. Contact your counselor or ASD iSchool for details.